I graduated in 1996 with a degree in Journalism, Media and Culture, and shortly after trained for a year as a reporter on a local newspaper, while attaining NCTJ post-graduate journalism qualifications.
Since 2002, I have worked freelance as a journalist and copywriter, devising and writing content, including features, press releases, brochures and blog posts, for a variety of UK and international clients.
Clients include, QuinStreet, PRWeb.com, Ubiqus, Villas magazine, Watkins Mind Body Spirit magazine, Asia Pacific Tropical Homes Magazine, Sqwiz.com and ThePodcastHost.com. Check out some samples of my work.
During 2011-12, I wrote and self-published my first novel, Human+. As well as being an ambition realised, this project honed my layout design skills (Adobe InDesign), and served as a quick education in self-publishing.
Recent notable projects include the editing, layout design and publishing of Wide Awake: The Autobiography, by Alan Bates.
- Non-fiction book: Confessions of a Hypnotist, by Alan Bates. Click “Look Inside” to see text.
- Non-fiction book: Wide Awake – The Autobiography, by Alan Bates. Click “Look Inside” to see text.
- Website content: Sqwiz.com.
- Health: The Chronic Failure to Tackle ME / CFS
- Travel: Mumbai: City of Dreams and Nightmares
- Lifestyle: Something to Say About Ten Days of Silent Meditation
- Film review: Spoiling for the Afterlife – The Psychedelicised New Film from Gaspar Noé
- Paranormal: Inner Space, Out of Body
- Podcasting: How to Promote Your Podcast and Boost Downloads
- I also write articles for my podcast site, The Eternities, which often appear on the Disinfo.com site.
- Marketing: Why Small businesses need a (mobile) website
- Marketing: Which Facebook solution for your business? Profile, Page or Group?
- Fiction book: Human+, by myself. (Excerpt.)
- Non-fiction book: Confessions of a Hypnotist, by Alan Bates. Click “Look Inside” to see layout.
- Non-fiction book: Wide Awake – The Autobiography, by Alan Bates. Click “Look Inside” to see layout.
- Magazine: Object of Dreams.